Who can organise an Online Raffle?
An online raffle may be organised by a Cause or by a Fundraiser however, because of GDPR restrictions, the raffle setup on iDonate must be done by the cause (or by iDonate). A fundraiser does not have access to donor details. Consequently, the Cause must assist with the actual draw.
How do I do the draw for an Online Raffle?
The iDonate online raffle system produces a spreadsheet with a separate line for each ticket sold.
It is simply a matter of randomly selecting a line within the given range.
Popular methods used include:
- random number generators.
- books of cloakroom tickets.
- bingo machines.
Is a Permit required to organise an Online Raffle?
The following are the regulations regarding permits for online raffles:
- If the total value of the prize fund is under €1000, then no permit required.
- If the total value of prize fund is between €1000 and €5000, then an application to the local Garda Superintendent is required.
- For prize funds of over €5000, a court application is required.
See our Online Raffle Creator page for more details and how you can get in touch to discuss any specific requirements.
Have a question? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org